View Single Post
Originally Posted by geekgirl74 View Post
It's still a wonderful feeling to have Pebble support on the Jolla.

I'm deeply grateful about your wonderful app, I would even buy it
Well, to be honest, my primary motivation for writing this was rather selfish as I just wanted to get my Pebble to work with my Jolla.
It is actually very nice to see that this is useful and actively used by others as well.
Unfortunately, so far, no one else joined in in the development so the progress is rather slow, right now.

Originally Posted by geekgirl74 View Post
One question @Wonko: is it possible to let the app automatically reconnect when the connection to Pebble is lost? During the workday I often lose connection in the office and I have to manually reconnect each time.
You're right, that's also a feature I was missing.
I don't know why I didn't implement that earlier.
Anyway, I just read that "feature request" while I had some minutes free for coding so I quickly added this feature.

As usual, the latest version can be downloaded from:
https://github.com/ruedigergad/Skipp...l.rpm?raw=true

Besides the auto connect feature, this version also improves the handling of notifications.
E.g., you should now also get proper notifications when an XMPP message arrives.
For other notifications you'll get whatever was contained in the notification message as summary and body along with the name of the app that sent the respective notification.

Edit:
Please note that the first auto reconnect happens about two seconds after the connected state changed to disconnected.
For subsequent reconnect attempts the "Auto Connect Interval" is used.
The motivation for this is to avoid reconnect attempts all the time that possibly drain the battery.

Last edited by Wonko; 2014-04-11 at 20:35.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post: