View Single Post
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Australia
Originally Posted by denizg View Post
I just bought the N9 last week. Was VERY DISSAPOINTED.

thing felt like a incomplete Iphone copy from start ,the way the packing box was barely bigger than the phone (same with iphone)

The way how there was no "linux" desktop architecture , no widgets , but just apps on the home screen.

But i've gathered up my thoughts..

This is by far the best music player on the market , has dolby digital and can play FLAC 96bit.. There is a new ipod alternative coming out and thing costs like 500 , and that has 16gb memory , this has 64..

The screen resolution is not sufficient enough to see multitasking going on , but having my NY TIMES , MUSIC , TIME , MESSAGING on in one single multitasking is all I need.

So in the end , if you want some nice swype gestures , a great hi-fi media player (beats galaxy s4's yamaha sound processor , and iphone 5s..) And a decent multitasking window for simple browsing , messaging then this is great..

Otherwise most apps suck. They are so bad that even maemo.org won't have a maemo 6 downloads section. Apps like temperature on standby screen are really over hyped..
This seems a bit harsh as a review..

Anyway - my take.
For me the main thing on the N9 that I love is the fact that it looks and feels like a modern smartphone, yet it has hackability that other phones don't have. App support is ok, it has the things you need. (For me its pretty much youtube, and I wish I could get pandora but the web client is fine.) Everything else works fine apart from when I break things Oh and maps+navigation are great to have, and the camera is decent.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJJonosound For This Useful Post: