View Single Post
Originally Posted by averyml View Post
I'd help you out, but with the money I've spent on my n800 so far, we can't even afford the gluten free beer any more ;-)
hahahahaha...ya know...I KNOW EXACTLY what ya mean. Not to worry I don't drink anything any more. Not because it's something I don't agree with but rather the meds I talk now might disagree with the EtOH.

Though I have been up most of the night reading the OS2008 & KDE doco and whatever else I get side tracked toward. So sleep is a mythical creature to me.

I am also installing a 160gb HD in my laptop this week and I already know I am finally going to setup a Linux partition. Even though I have a set of the first distro of Lunux from 1993 Comdex Show in LV...SOMEWHERE...I just never did anything but look at it once and say "....hmmmm, that's interesting..." reformat...So, basically the N800 is to be my first exposure to any form of Linux. Which is cool because I swore off that MS development treadmill after VS2002 even though I have the upgraded VS2005. But, I kept my promise and have blown off the past two versions, well the last one and the RTM 2008 versions of everything. Good bye MS...for me. My better half has just finally gotten used to XP. And we have one vertical market app we run that will never be anything but a Windows app.

BUt, I just feel I might as well start using it as my everyday OS and dual boot the laptop. At least that is the plan this microsecond. Dunno which distro I am going to try first though.

OK...time for the AM vicodin...I have plenty to share with the class...coffee is almost done too.

BTW, I do tend to ramble when I post...I hope folks here can overlook that nasty habit...