View Single Post
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
A domain name and nothing else, aiui.
Note the key phrase there: aiui. Just after saying:

Almost as much or as little as I (don't) know, and you came to exactly same conclusions as I.
Whole continents drew the conclusion that the sun and moon orbited the earth because they lacked key observations or information about the nature of the universe. Two people without knowledge on a topic drawing the same conclusion does not mean that conclusion is correct.

Also not really relevant that usage of the non-distributabe stuff for autobuilder (if there even exists such stuff, which I doubt) is not revokable.
Really? You have a contract stating that? I know I don't.

X-Fade was quite concerned when migrating and handing over said auto-builder, since to his knowledge it did contain non-distributables.

If those are still in there, and Nokia demands their removal, what do you plan to do? Start them on another server? With what funds? At what hosting site? Do you expect Nokia won't go after someone doing that? How much are you willing to be on that? Just Maemo.org? The Neo900 project? Your flat? Your retirement savings?

HiFo signs a contract that appreciates such obligation.
When HiFo would sign a contract that includes an obligation to remove certain subfora from TMO
Who's using scare tactics now? You say you know nothing about it (clear from your ranting here), and then spread your "what if" FUD to whip up a frenzy and make people worried about HiFo potentially "might sign away" in a contract.

Should I threaten legal action against you for spreading such FUD? Hypocrite.

I wish HiFo board would understand that community needs to know what HiFo tries to achieve and plans to sign regarding Nokia.
I wish you had the business sensibility to know that any time companies negotiate contracts they generally can not discuss them with the general public. In most cases revelation that discussions are even going on is forbidden. Release of any details is usually done strictly on a need to know basis to limit legal liability. Meaning if your *** isn't on the line to get sued for things you don't get to know every detail.

This is why the community was asked to consider carefully about who they elected to the Board. It was also the reason those running for positions get a long speech about what it means to be a Board member, and the legal implications of doing so. If you wanted to know details that damn bad, you should have run for a position.

Instead, you now spread your crazy imaginings across the community, poisoning the very well you drink from. All the while threatening others when you perceive the same being done to you. Double hypocrite.

Moderators: Feel free to give me points or ban me if you feel the need, but this needed to be said. The continued pounding of the irrational made up FUD drums serves no purpose but to destroy this community, and I frankly tired of it.

PS: You can cancel my Neo900 vote. If the last month or so shows any indication of your business sense, that project was pretty much doomed from the start.