View Single Post
Originally Posted by rentze View Post

If we put the bugs aside, the phone is what I was hoping it would be. Some people here might disagree, but I dare say Alien Dalvik is one of its coolest features. It's so nice we don't have to trade the awesome UI, proper multitasking and full "linuxness" for the lack of undoubtedly useful, ubiquitous and mature Android apps. I didn't believe they could make it this good from day one, it really kicks a55 and will definitely help Jolla sell this thingy to the masses. Now I'm pretty sure they'll find their niche and survive on the market -- no doubt they deserve it.
You really think Jolla is going to survive because of ability to run Android apps? It hasn't helped BB10. Why would users buy a Jolla phone to run Android apps? To me, Jolla can only survive if it has a pool of unique native apps. But as the Jolla team has done almost nothing to promote native app development and is even hampering it with an incomplete SDK and no support for paid apps its chance of survival is close to zero.

...and will definitely help Jolla sell this thingy to the masses.
Sorry, the masses are not interested in a Jolla phone now. The market for Sailfish is a few thousand geeks, MeeGo enthusiasts and patriotic Finns and there isn't an endless supply of them.

Last edited by SamGan; 2014-01-05 at 04:29.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post: