View Single Post
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Never happened to me.

Just wondering if you guys are using maybe old wore down SIMs? I recall having similar problems once with an another phone. That time just getting a new fresh SIM card solved the problem.

EDIT: the SIM on my Jolla is a new one. Got it just couple days before Jolla and haven't used it any other device.
On together.jolla.com there are people saying they have the problem with brand new operator supplied micro SIMs, not cut down old SIMs. The question also has (currently) 54 votes (and just as many comments) suggesting it's not an isolated issue.

I would imagine the solution is to provide a stiffer other half to prevent flexing, or a way to disable the SIM sensor entirely so that when triggered it doesn't disconnect calls or ask for the phone to be rebooted.

Most people will insert the SIM when they get the phone and never remove it until they bin the phone, so offering an option to disable the SIM sensor in Settings would seem a good choice for those experiencing the problem, although it should be fixed in production (better SIM slot?) so that future phones don't have the problem at all.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post: