View Single Post
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by StygiAn TrepidAtioN View Post
No, it isn't complicated, but it's a different method: Instructions there are with the use of Inception. As mentioned previously though, I have Coderus Aegis as opposed to Inception (which now seems obsolete); and I seek instructions to install "Status Bar Integration for Cyclotron" with Coderus aegis-install method.

Surely, the old timers might understand but if we could, as a community, be a little more amiable towards newbies that are actually trying to learn the nuances, N9 could get more love and attention.

But every thread that I visit and try to learn something new, I seem to be greeted with this snobbish approach that is so discouraging. I love the N9 and Meego as much as ye developers, which is why I shifted from top-end androids to N9; but I'm from a different line of education and do not have prior knowledge in linux/ development. But that should not be a reason why I sholud not enjoy the beauty of Open Source development. I may not be able to code but I surely can contribute with ideas and testing of development. But hardly see any warmth in this community :| :|

Hello StygiAn TrepidAtioN

The TMO community in one of the nicest and warmest I personally have encountered and I am sure there were only a glitch in communication and no harm were meant. If you feel that THP's approach is a bit too demanding, maybe you could try out Schturmans N9QuickTweak app? He has integrated many, many really nice tweaks to one app that is quite easy to use. Cyclotron is also available there. Just remember the read instructions CAREFULLY ON THE FIRST PAGE!

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=quicktweak

THP probably only wanted to raise caution, as Cyclotron in in its nature a tweak that could cause your device go so haywire that you would need to flash it. No problem and instructions can be found here in the forum quite extensively, but there are several steps that might seem dangerous