View Single Post
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jsiren View Post
There's definitely something funny going on with timers, as the command-line sleep utility seems to sleep much longer than intended, especially if the device is saving power. Verifying with perl sleep:
# perl -e 'printf("%d\n", sleep(10));'
i.e. a 10 second sleep took 117 seconds of wall clock time. This after disabling tohd to save power. I began to wonder about this when powertop runs never seemed to finish, or even start (preceded by sleep 120...)
While suspended timers like sleep is suspended too. If you want to make software that does something while suspended, you should use https://github.com/nemomobile/libiphb as that is currently the only thing which periodically can be used to wake from suspend. In the future we might offer somekind of Qt/QML API, bug no eta avail currently.

Having said that, please avoid using that, as we really want to save power and not have too many apps waking up from suspend periodically
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2013-12-23 at 21:19.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post: