View Single Post
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
We are working on solution where end user can reset their devices back to factory state, even if they have managed to get their devices filesystem in non bootable state (as long as btrfs works). That will most likely happen with custom recovery mode which will be installed at some coming update. More info will be available next year.
I am unpleasantly surprised by this. With all the "open" claims, I did expect an open bootloader. Now I'm again at the mercy of a company on which OS my device runs.

We are also investigating if we can offer real flashing solution without breaking device security, but for now the approach will most likely be to update recovery image which will allow resetting back to factory state (after querying devicelock code if that has been set).
So, it's up to the pc-side software whether your jolla's data can be read? How would that provide any security?

I would expect full storage encryption for any new OS these days. Linux has support for it for a long time. And I'd rather have something quirky, like Aegis, than nothing.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post: