View Single Post
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
There's the led indicator you can check immediately if there are new notifications
OK, so it's in a bag then, or a jacket pocket.

Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
As per SMS vs Email, for me the importance is not the same in the first place, since I don't receive SMSs from random people or a guy called BugZilla , It's very annoyed to get beeps every minute, very distracting, but I'm talking here about my personal view on the issue, please note I'm not a UX person so I don't decide in such behaviors anyway, but thanks for the feedback.
I don't distinguish between the two, I really don't. I've got a new communication (SMS, email, IM, phone call, whatever) and I need to know it's arrived, yet email is the only one that alerts once and then never again until you read the new emails. If some people find email alerts intrusive (but only email alerts, and not IM, SMS etc.? That I find a tad bizarre) then Include the option to alert only once (Android email may offer this option, actually) or alert always. It shouldn't be hard.

Clearly this is a very personal opinion, but it really does boggle my mind that Nokia (and now Jolla) have implemented the least useful choice (essentially, it's "data loss") when it comes to email alerts. Fingers crossed Jolla see fit to add an option.

Last edited by Milhouse; 2013-12-18 at 18:13.