View Single Post
Posts: 156 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
This morning on the way in to work I was listening to music over a bluetooth Nokia BH-221 (which is now acceptably loud even when not at max volume compared to my N9).

However, at the same time I got a call. The music wasn't interrupted and the call ringtone went through the phone's speaker. By the time I'd worked out the unfamiliar ringtone was coming from my pocket, I missed the call so I don't know if the call would have gone over the headset or phone.

IIRC the N9 used to switch bluetooth profiles from A2DP headphones to bluetooth headset mode. Maybe that's not happening?

edit: Just tested this again in the office.

So what happens is that...

1) the music on the headphones stops.
2) the Jolla plays the First One ringtone (with people cheering), which sounded like the music track I was playing.
3) the Nokia BH-221 plays the Nokia ringtone!
4) the call goes through the BH-221 just fine.

What used to happen with my N9 was both the N9 and the headset played my chosen ringtone. The Jolla/BH-221 combo plays two different ringtones.

Hearing the Nokia ringtone again was plain weird. ;-)
Same happened with my Nokia Essence (BH-610), so the first time I was bit wtf. Apparently Jolla just sends some message to the headset that call is coming in and the headset plays it's own internal ringtone...