View Single Post
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by hemiwi View Post
Assuming i get my phone tomorrow, what is the right order?

-settings and import contacts

Thank you very much...Kiitos etukäteen
First of all, delete any contacts from your SIM unless you want that mess to appear in the People app with no way to suppress them.

When it comes to importing contacts, good luck.

Apparently it's possible to sync contacts over Bluetooth from an N9 to Jolla, but this totally failed for me - the N9 said it had worked and finished syncing, but nothing appeared on the Jolla. Not even a notification. Nothing.

I then exported the N9 Contacts to separate files, and merged them together into a single large VCF file (containing all 166 contacts), but when emailing that file to the Jolla and importing it, the Jolla simply said "Contacts imported" (and not "166 or 166 contacts imported") but none were imported. No errors were displayed either.

In the end I created 26 separate combined vcf files, one each for A-Z, and emailed the 26 files to the Jolla - they all imported successfully. So go figure on that one.

I'd have thought importing contacts from an N9 with minimum fuss would have been a priority for Jolla, but obviously not. And it doesn't appear that contacts are being synced anywhere now, so whereas before we had Nokia Contacts for cloud syncing, we don't even have that with Jolla (what's the Jolla account for if not syncing data?)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post: