View Single Post
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
So it's not just me then.

There are unfortunately quite a number of areas where functionality has not improved - or worse, regressed - since the N9 (email has no push and still only alerts for the first new email, no native Skype at all, "People" and browser apps are worse, Twitter event feed is limited to 10 tweets and shows no conversation context, I could go on).
After a day with mine, I'm missing a lot of N9 functionality too. SIP, CalDAV, turn-by-turn navigation, schedules for account syncs so I don't get emails at 4AM etc. And a lot of what is there is limited functionally eg. the 10 tweet limit and no native twitter app.

There's a few apps that have very obscure UIs like the gallery app where holding on the top half of the screen gives you a menu but no indication there is a menu. I quite like UIs that don't hold your hand and have to be 'discovered' but that's taking the biscuit.

Obviously, Jolla have had to rewrite a lot of the closed source apps that came with the N9 and even rewrite some of the open source ones too that used libraries that are obsolete now.

It is 'beta' and that is both a reason as to the reduced functionality and also it's a disappointment that it's not more complete.

I do find it amazing that only 80-ish people have produced it however and it may sound harsh to clamour for updates but yeah, it does need them! I'm sure Jolla are aware of that.

My N9 might have more functionality but it also has serious bugs that Nokia never fixed. I've lost count how many times I've killed the tracker database and emptied the twitter cache to stop the dreaded 'application not responding' popups. It's been great not dealing with that kind of annoyance.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post: