View Single Post
Originally Posted by att View Post
I have to disagree. I have done some communication that have involved thousands or ten thousands people. It is always a challenge and takes plenty of time. You have to carefully balance what you can and should tell, how simple message, when, medium, check for ambiguities, not to restrict too much future options/decisions, and so on. Too much specifics and it causes problems. Too little and it causes other problems.
We don't disagree on communications being a balancing act. I never claimed otherwise.

I simply think Jolla failed in that balancing act this time - by being more upfront and providing more actual information I believe they would have been able to weather this storm with less badwill.

I know you don't think Jolla's rep was hurt, but others disagree and feel there was something relatively easy (such as a few more tweets on the actual progress of shipping) they could have done about it.

Originally Posted by att View Post
And when you say something, it will be torn apart by people when they are not happy for some reason.
And when you don't say something, that too will be torn apart.

It is a balancing act, finding the solution with the best overall results.

We are going in circles, the same aliases are cross-thanking each other depending on their "camp" and no further agreement seems to be acknowledged. Personally I think you guys are being a little harsh on not seeing anything more Jolla could have done, because in the end my suggestions are very mild (some more tweets?), but then again you probably think I'm harsh to expect more from Jolla.

I think Jolla dropped the ball on comms this time. I think Jolla would have been wise to be somewhat more open about the progress of the actual shipping process. I think they gut a little hurt in the process and I don't think tweeting more facts would have hurt them, but helped them instead.

You don't agree. That's fine.

Let's hope everyone gets their phones in short order.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to epmt For This Useful Post: