View Single Post
Originally Posted by N9uwu View Post
Well even if there are options (and yes of course it is doable ), the fact and the matters is, that it is really hard to convince average joe (even if average joe happens to be a family member/a good friend) to transition away from skype or application X, or just ordinary voice calls.
The idea is not about one-button-click secure from NSA solution, this will never happen, more about: is it even possible? Some claim 'there is no NSA on Jolla', I would really like to believe it. How can (is it at all possible, skipping the obvious 'linux kernel openness vs billions of dollars NSA can pay for 0-days' dilemma) one check/investigate what is happening with his device. (yeah carrying Jolla + separate device for communication will not work, BTS usage will identify you instantly (jolla on wifi only, no data/roaming with macchanger every 5 minutes? I hope this is like Neo900 where you will be able to trust modem is actually OFF without removing the battery), but can jolla be 'safe' as for carrying corporate documents? I would not trust WP/iOS/Android for such)