View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by goodearth View Post
After going through the neo900-feasibility.pdf one thing occurred to me. There was a "barometer/thermometer" planned in the original specs, but nothing about a thermometer is mentioned in the study. So is it planned to be omitted now or just that it falls under the same barometer sensor? I really hope it isn't omitted. One of the main uses I have for my N900 is offline navigation in the remote Himalayas.The thermometer could be an utterly useful feature!
Regards
I noticed the missing thermometer in specs as well, dunno where it dropped off the table, but I didn't concern too much since it's actually pretty hard to make a good thermometer that probes for real ambient temperature and not some "indoor" temp with "CPU-heating". IOW: I'll keep an eye on it, anyway the thermometer is a inherent component of barometer afaik, so it won't get "optimized out".

Thanks for mentioning it.
cheers
jOERG

PS: note to self: consider using contacts to stylus as combined stylus-presence-detector (short when stylus missing), antenna for dunno FM(?) with special stylus#1, themo-sensor special stylus#2

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-10-31 at 19:47.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: