View Single Post
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I saw this http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/th...-of-defense--3 and thought that we could use the above scripts with a bluetooth module of some sort. Ideally it would be a generic Bluetooth device, maybe a bluetooth-serial adapter which can later be connected to something useful, but which would not interrupt any service on the N900. I have the adapters around to connect to my headlight dynamo making in theory a bluetooth proximity gadget that is charged anytime I use the bike for more then a few meters.
SInce the last post in 2007 has there been any progress or threads on porting a bluetooth proximity alarm app?
We dont have USB 4.0 or the proprietary iPhone app for Cricket so this alternate idea is that you simply bluetooth ping the dumb puck attached to your bicycle and alarm if it gets stolen leaving your proximity, it means you can enjoy your coffee without having to watch the bike 100% of the time. If I had more arduino-fu I would connect an arduino and a brake solenoid to the rear wheel to lock up the bicycle if the bluetooth ping times out while in guard mode so I could rescue the bike on foot, maybe a loud alarm too. I think there are actually GSM modems with GPS for the arduino which is another alternate possibility so it could SMS its location.

Last edited by biketool; 2013-10-29 at 06:17.