View Single Post
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
@maluka Starting with a bluetooth keyboard would be exactly the same. Strip everything, use the keys only, don't use BT and build from the ground up. The only difference is I don't have a BT keyboard case on hand.

@minimos The keyboard keys are only 19mm high, so it will be no problem to incorporate holes in the OH for the camera. However, solving hardware issues like this is not priority at the moment. Lets get a proof-of-concept first!
There seems to arise a thousand questions and suggestions around the Qwerty OH. Yes, the final keyboard layout, stackng of OHs, battery, holes for camera, etc are not yet topical for the first proof-of-concept. To help you concentrate on making the first Qwerty "prototype OH" for Jolla, my suggestion is to create separate threads for the layout-related debate, battery/connectors/camera-hole related debate, stacking and durability related debate, etc. What do you think about this kind of dispersing this debate to new threads?

The layout of http://i.imgur.com/jMYGijl.jpg seems to have an exceptionally good layout (for language-localizing etc), so perhaps I or someone else may soon start a new thread about the layout of future Qwerty OH(s). Does anyone know in what context that "artistic view" of the Qwerty was published?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Egon For This Useful Post: