View Single Post
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by tanago View Post
After my 2 N900s had their USBs failed I will move to Jolla. Thats what I'm concerned about my future phone - hardware quality not hardware specifications. Hoping that it will not have such mass defects as N900's USB ports.
Yeah that's another issue. N900 is the shortest-lived PDA device i've owned over the last 13 years. My Zaurus SL-C860 lasted 5 years and if i hadn't spilled water on it in the lab and ruined a couple keys, i wouldn't have gotten the N900. I've gone through almost two N900s in less than four years. One has a completely dead backlight and USB port and the other has a very touchy USB port now and also has backlight problems when the humidity is high. Less than two years operational life for a device that cost around $600 new is too high in my book.

There's a good chance this MT4GS won't last two years for me, but i bought it used for about 10% what i paid for the N900 and it's already two years old...

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post: