View Single Post
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
No, it is evidently a faster DSP and a way better graphics accelerator (double number of polygons/s). Maybe my crappy comparison been too obfuscated to expose this.
Oops, I missed the N9 bit - sorry I dunno about performance of N9. But we don't plan to outperform the latest iPhone7, that's not goal of this project. So please don't rant like this.
/j

[edit] 720p relativises in light of 480-V screen in device and 512i-V max on AV-out, eh? maybe next you complain about no decoding of HD-extreme or 4K, just to scale it down to 480*800
im sorry if it seems like a rant, i just want to know dsp capabilities, n9 dsp is also overclocked to 800mhz like that one but offers almost no performance gain when compared to 600mhz OC of one in the n900
i hope its not the same dsp as one in n900 and n9(for those that are unaware, n9 has the same dsp as n900, just made in a smaller process so heats less and works on higher freq, but that freq gives no significant advantage, for comparison, old VIA dsp clocked on 300mhz easily outperforms our dsp and plays 720p)
so, not a rant, just something i need to know as a potential buyer, 700€ is a lot of money and i need to be sure ill be getting a lot more than a little more ram

The Following User Says Thank You to GrimyHR For This Useful Post: