View Single Post
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
Thanks!

Hmm, that shouldn't happen, there is a hardcoded path for map data in Android:
Code:
/sdcard/modrana/maps
And I don't thing there is any fallback that might make it write to another folder.

BTW, this is currently the latest modRana package for Android:
http://www.modrana.org/packages/andr...ana_0.43.1.apk

BTW, the current modRana Android GUI is based on Qt4@QtQuick 1 & QtComponents, like the Harmattan GUI.

I've started work on a Qt5/QtQuick 2.0 based GUI, which is targeted mainly on Sailfish, but it should work quite nicely on other Qt5 platforms, including Android.
OK, thanks. Will try out the newest version.
I remembered wrong, it wasn't filesystem where it left files all around, but in the Gallery system, all the map tiles were seen as images and it messed the Gallery up. (There may be a way to exclude the modrana directories to be seen by system as places for image files, but didn't then search instructions for it. There were the similar problems in the N900 way back also.)

I did install Qt frameworks also and Modrana kind of worked, but was unusable GUI-wise then. Some things in Modrana are better then in NavFree so if it eventually will work good in Android, I am sure many Android-users would use it.

And back to the topic, Modrana deserves to be in the Sailfish device also, so thanks for working on it.