View Single Post
Posts: 383 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by PurpleXS8 View Post
Interesting, I didn't think of that variant with switching with a dummy phone before. They did not choose a random number, as I said, this woman's son was wanted by this "security" and that phone was under surveillance.

As I said, I presume that the technology these days is far more advanced. I even saw a thread here announcing the users that on Android device the mic can be remotely stealth activated.

We are even warned that here, in my country my ISP is keeping a log for 6mo with all my internet activity, but I am not sure if the mobile operator does the same thing.

Now a question unanswered. What are they doing with those logs? I ask this question because, after my previous SIM got burned out, I changed my number and got a new contract with my mobile operator. I have chosen a number never used and never registered that number anywhere (the number is 1mo old), none of my friends have it (since it's my seconday phone), I don't even know that number, I can find it out if I read the contract, and I mainly use that sim just for internet access, but after all that I still get calls from diverse companies asking me if I am interested in selling or buying gold, or if I am interested in investments, or if I have the time to take a survey and so on. How did this companies get hold of my number?
I am not really sure, but I think that many operators sell their phone numbers and some of your info to other companies(such as the one that called you) and this is how they know your number...