View Single Post
Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
And what did you expect, exactly? Did you notice the name of this forum?

Now, let me get this straight. You come out of nowhere, with no history to judge you by, no reputation. You introduce yourself by making a claim that is guaranteed to spark a negative response.

I do not know your pet device. For all I know, you may well be right. All I ask you to do is change your attitude slightly for a better chance to get your point across.
I think if you would check my signature you would know who I am. The attitude was just right because right before I left this thread somebody told me that there is no device that can match the N900. I found one, now I came back to post about it.

Maemo =/= N900 so Maemo forum was designed for NXXX devices users and Linux lovers. Except Lomax and HELLASISGREECE this thread is going just fine. I am explaining the capabilities of this device and I am explaining any misunderstandings.

"Useless" is a relative term. I have never used and will never use Facebook. It is totally useless for me. But I've heard it is quite popular.
You are extremely right here, but this was not based just on a personal opinion. Those functions are just extras for a device used for developing device. For example the GPS, you just developed an app, tested it and now, I just want to see where I am because why the hell not? Get my point? A developer device will never be stable enough for every day use, because there are 80% chances that your app on the first test it could mess up your device. Messing up a device and continuing development means you need to restore a clean environment for further development. This means a fresh install, this means that you have to restore everything... Doing this you just punish yourself...

Now this is the Maemo forum, not the N900 forum, and a good developer don't just wear horse glasses and see only one way, never see the whole picture. Those people giving negative responses are just fanatics, not developers.