View Single Post
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
A better discussion can be: Why is jolla team so closed source. I haven't seen anything from them in months. They should defiantly be more open.

The only thing I've seen is this little t-shirt competition which is great. But seriously. Even the ubuntu campaign is 1000 times better than what jolla is doing, even if they don't have a phone ready they kick the jolla back to rookieland. Seriously, what is jolla thinking? are they embarrassed or what? Do they expecting that customers will through money at them when no one knows them? Come on...create some cool campaign or something so we can drum up some serious support...fu ****ing booooooooring to support jolla!

Ubuntu got Bloomberg to invest $80,000. That is serious ****. What is jolla doing? looking for $800 sponsorship from a seven-eleven copycat around the corner?

Just created a short list for jolla. Can add 1000 more things they can do if they want to be more successful and fun. I'm sure you also have some great suggestions. Let's hear them!
  • Why not release some cool inside story including images/video of the progress or what ever?
  • Create some chat/forum/Q&A where users can ask questions and show some openness and interest in their users?
  • Create some suspect campaign to target the tech media?
  • release their own beer or what ever?
  • select a fan in every country that can be ambassador for jolla in that country/area(on in every continent) with also get the device a few days before they rest and can drum up support and demo videos.
  • Just talk to some tech media to get anything out there?

I think the jolla device have a great chance to be a better overall smartphone than ubuntu edge that's why I don't understand how Jolla team can be so ignorant to the world and to it's potential users.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-08-11 at 07:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post: