View Single Post
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
I received an initial favorable response from some members concerning this topic and was asked by one to start a fresh thread.
When attempting to help a confused (many believed new user) I did realize that any new person walking in to the devices and platforms forums here really does have to dig for answers, solutions, and info.... . . I know hunting down topics here aren't just word sensitive...but seem to be concept sensitive....type the same question two different ways and you can get a lot of diff. found searches...so not only do you have to know what you are looking for...but you have to query it a specific way.
Not easy for the new. But the purpose for people coming here isn't just to chat...and if there are fewer people using the platforms and devices who are around to help....then the purpose of the forum is 4-fold disasterous

1-Nobody is left around who is informed enough to help.

2-The forums are a very thick mess of imp. and casual talk...not making it easy to find stuff for the new person on their own. Let alone people who ARE familiar with it.

3-Those who are here not only are trying to explain concept and process but have to play safari guide through the overgrown forum jungles here...sometimes resulting in confusion and an increase in tension that doesn't need to be.

4-And that can lead to not only poor tempers...but new people who may have become valuable members ...leaving...and subsequently good current members being soured and likewise leaving.

I do know full well that the issues that brought me to start this thread...will only continue...regardless of whether or not we get "persons of interest" like Buffalo again or the situation that developed. This is an endemic issue. The next new person could start out being really nice and enthusiastic about being here and learning.... and very possibly shortly leave.... confused, upset and angry....mainly due to the clutter.

Can we do something here?
Lets throw around some ideas ...take the best one(s) and start doing something about it.

Last edited by endsormeans; 2013-07-07 at 00:19. Reason: clutter

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post: