<snip>

Install u-boot from pali;

Code:
apt-get install -y u-boot-tools u-boot-flasher
restart n900

Code:
apt-get install kernel-power-settings
I would put a note here:

1. There will be a pop-up notification telling you that U-Boot will be "overwritten" (i.e. Kernel Power will flash it). Do not accept it.
  2. This will result to Kernel Power Boot Image for U-Boot to be not installed.
  3. Open FAM and check if Kernel Power Boot Image for U-Boot is not installed. If so, install it. You will not be prompted to flash/overwrite the U-Boot Kernel
restart n900

Code:
sudo gainroot
u-boot-update-bootmenu
restart with open ukeyboard
choose kp52

If you want to installing backupmenu:

Code:
apt-get install backupmenu
restart n900,with close ukeyboard,when shows the titles of u-boot,open ukeyboard and you see how loading bootmenu,choose maemo with..
I would edit this as:

1. Turn off N900
  2. Keep keyboard open
  3. Turn on N900
  4. U-Boot will appear. You can select a Kernel.
  5. After selecting a Kernel, don't close the keyboard. Boot Menu (with Backupmenu inside of it) will initiate.

then advice from Pali:

Code:
root
ln -s /etc/bootmenu.d/20-Maemo5-kernel-power-2.6.28.10-power52.item /etc/default/bootmenu.item
after that the backmenu shoud properly load kp52
I think this is all,if somebody have other advice please share it
Just wanted to report that this works. I now have:

1. Default kernel
  2. Kernel Power 52
  3. Backupmenu
...all powered by U-Boot. My next step now is to decide which CSSU I want to install, and then NITDroid. As for Nemo...I'll probably install it just so that I can write a Wiki Page/article about U-Boot and the steps to get it working with Backupmenu.

EDIT: I have modified the quoted message from "disappear" to show how I did it (basically it's the same steps but I rephrased them to be more descriptive/newbie-friendly).

I'll write an article for this in the Wiki Pages...not sure if this should be in a new Wiki article or if this should be placed/added in an existing Wiki Page/Article...please let me know your thoughts. I will likewise make a video of it (will reflash during the weekend to start all over).

Last edited by topet2k12001; 2013-07-03 at 09:56.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to topet2k12001 For This Useful Post: