View Single Post
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Isn't it rather up to our community to connect with the reality? TMO is not a prominent place where people look for information, so why should they waste resources on establishing an official communication channel with TMO? You cannot reach many people this way.

For official communication, Jolla has always chosen to do it via events with press coverage, such as Slush, MWC, or their own press conference. You reach more people that way, instead of talking to a bunch of nerds on TMO. This is how Jolla got mentioned on Wall Street Journal, BBC, Engadget, various computer magazines, etc. Not by posting on a former Nokia forum, .....
I think the users here are very connected to the realty don't you think? so in that sense TMO is automatically that too.

I don't think you grasping what I'm saying here. I'm not talking about ditching twitter, events or anything else that you listed. I'm talking about presence and with that It could be one post per month or less/more. It's not like the masses lining up to buy new devises from unknown brands. Jolla needs to go where the users are, I'm not saying TMO is the place, but mobile forums is a great start.

Take a look at windows(and dont make this to a OS discussion). They have a hard time to increase even 1 % of the market/year. How do you think jolla will make it the simply turtle in their offices, make a twitt or two and sometimes post something to there facebook site. Sure, its great. But to survive or grow in this market. ITS NOT ENOUGH. Time will teach you and jolla.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-06-30 at 11:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post: