View Single Post
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North America
Originally Posted by te37v View Post
Why did you go with the Galaxy Nexus and not the Nexus 4? Because of above?

As much as I look forward to Ubuntu Touch working on my phone, I sure am going to miss the ability to do pen-testing on the N900! And TV remote. And FM transmitter. And TI-83 emulator. And etc.
Mm.. miss the FM transmitter and ir remote maybe, but dont see any reason TI-emu couldnt be given a new, compatable UI or ported whole-hog if xMir or Wayland becomes available.
I didnt realize Nexus 4 did not have voice/sms functional yet, I just did not feel like paying +$$ for a broadly similar device, (no promise the experiment will work) plus the more fragile Nexus 4 body that might shatter/break if I were to drop it while dogfooding and make it a pain to resell. Plus smaller storage (I use 24GB on n900, 16GB's already a squeeze)

**that was a pain in the butt to type on the Ubuntu browser..
The qt text area does not seem to be configured to permit inserting newlines via the maliit keyboard? very tough to select the spot to exit/insert text, select anything or .. paste.

mobile google maps site had worked smoothly yesterday for checking traffic, but today I'm noticing there is no GPS support enabled at all.

Also noticing some big issues today with maintaining the 3g data connection may be due to the apt-get upgrade I ran... I'm now testing full installation of 26June daily vs. the upgrade, vs. regressing to the 24June daily.

Last edited by bjv; 2013-06-26 at 23:39. Reason: *Ubuntu Touch T_T

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bjv For This Useful Post: