View Single Post
Originally Posted by bue View Post
I actually reported something like this, but with 30 seconds earlier.

My experience since then is that what seems to happen is that playback happens simultanously from the "current spot" and from the input to a 30 second buffer. However, I'm almost just guessing here.

I often use the "Play Album" function (as i have the 0-track problem) and have sometimes had the feeling that the double playback problem occurs at the same place in the album as it has before.

The phenomenon usually happens at a point within a song when suddenly two parts of the song are playing at the same time. At this time I've noticed that the time counter is running at double speed. After some time (maybe 30 s or 60 s) we're back to normal playback. Also (like the Raimu said) if you press the pause button, only one of the instances are paused. After some time the other one stops as well (probably when the buffer is empty). Pressing play again after this reactivates normal playback.

Also, I have the 0 tracks problem. All the playlists are shown, but with zero tracks. Tapping a playlist displays a "list" with no tracks.

As this is the most common case by far when starting QSpot, it's hard to tell which of the "fixes" (i.e. setting 96 kb or starting/stopping from console) has had the most effect. The only thing I can say is that I feel that the fixes have had a reducing effect on the problem. However, I would still say that I get usable playlists about 5 - 10 % of the QSpot-starts. The rest of the time, they're all empty.

I would really like to help with this problem if I could. Would it be helpful for example to get a console readout from a run with normal playlists and one from a run with empty playlists?
I have once myself experienced the multiple songs playing problem in QSpot, however, I have not yet identified the cause. Could be buffer related, I need to look into it in more detail.

The 0-playlist problem could be library related, logs from successful / unsuccessful playlist loading could be helpful. One thing I am investigating is whether some corruption of the library cache could occur when closing down QSpot (this could have impact on the problem).