View Single Post
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Chester, CA
IS there any way to re-flash a n900 with a broken usb with uboot 2012.10-rc3-1 and a 2.6.28-omap1 kernel installed?

I attempted to solder a blown fuse, and ended up destroying the surrounding circuitry/smds, thus rendering my usb port useless for charging/pc connectivity.

I'd like to wipe it clean, everything, and start over, then use backup menu to make sure i have something to default back to incase any thing goes screwy. Currently theres alot of clutter on this particular device, and i just want a vanilla rom, kernel, ect.

Anyone have a link that describes the process or can help me out here?

Twould be much appreciated, and i'll dwolla/pp/venmo $5, and a $5 donation to maemo.org to the first person who can help me flash this device.

PM if interested, or post a reply. First post to give me the answer gets the $5. Even if its not possible to flash, and you helped affirm that fact, i'll still donate $5 to maemo.

Also, have another n900 (along with a usb functional backup unit en-route) if theres some way to do this with backup menu, or taking a vanilla image of one n900 and flash it on the damaged usb device somehow. I have a sd card to transfer the image/backup.

Thanks-

The Following User Says Thank You to eleseur For This Useful Post: