View Single Post
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Hmm well, when the 2nd stage kernel is started there are things that are not fully initialized, so in theory (and that follows, then also in practice) it is possible that some anomalies arise that affect VOIP accounts. Could be something relating to kernel iptables, for example...
What kind of staff does not get initialized?
I understood kexec as if the kernel (and hereby OS) is completely restarted?
And yes I had something like that also in mind, but I am still using the N9 as "toy", so I do not have all that stuff installed (as on my N900) to check out deeper (like a simple traceroute ...).

Also this might be HW version specific, just like the boot problems that are known to affect rev.1603 devices.
Oh nooooo.

What I'd do is try to find out, first from kernel logging the difference of starting for example the L2fixed kernel directly and via kexec().
When/If the differences are found, next step is to build a kernel that fixes the initialization.
A simple dmesg will not be sfficient, or?
I just've seen that a simple-syslog-daemon is already installed!? Will that output be sufficient? Or do you want me to install klogd/syklogd? Please let me know before I am going to flash forth and back kernels.

Of course I will check those outputs against anomalies/differences, but am afraid that I will not be the one to find the culprit.
I hope you will help me with that?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature