View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
Hi. Complete tangent.

I was asked by an email to come here and find out more about the vote.

I haven't been an active member of this community in 3ish years. Heck, I wasn't really active for a year or so before that, but I've been just about completely non-active for those 3 years.

Why am I still being asked to vote? I have my reasons for not deleting my account, but it's a bit annoying to get asked every so often "hey, come vote for this project that you aren't involved in anymore, and that might actually be a conflict of interest for you to be voting about*".

(* 3 years ago I changed jobs to work at Apple)

Did I miss an option in my account that says "don't bug me about voting"? If so, please let me know about it.

If not, if no such option exists -- please make one. Yesterday.
I'm REALLYˇ sorry we've pestered you, but you keeping your account inevitably ensued this. Also sorry to say I'm not interested in your rationale to keep it or why you don't want an email once every 6 months, it's just the way things get handled here, take it or leave it. You're free to close your account any time, and hey we even allow you to create a new one, just in case you're interested. Again sorry to inform you that we don't plan to create such an option you asked for.

BR
jOERG

ps: Many thanks anyway for informing us about the fact that mailing of tokens for vote actually seems to work. since I only now realized that benefit of your rant, I'll offer you a special service: send an inquiry to techstaff@maemo.org from the email account you got that token mail, and I'll try to find a way to remove your karma so odds are you won't ever again get vote emails.

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-04-21 at 02:56.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: