View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
A lot of people incl me are not exactly happy with the karma approach, particularly for HiFo. That's why I said "preliminarily" since I guess we (community) will like to discuss those eligibility rules before setting them up finally, for HiFo.
However as things are right now, we hardly have *any* other criterion on which we could decide a candidate's eligibility to run for HiFo BoD, during this election period.
As much as I agree that I would also like to Jim as a candidate for HiFo BoD, I think we (council) have little arguments to justify bending/breaking established rules to our own liking. We might apply karma calculation rules and 200 community members go and hit thanks button on Jim's tmo posts. Or we could start a regular referendum to get him in on "popular demand" if that's not conflicting with bylaws.Or one of the then-elected directors steps down and rest of directors appoints Jim. Anyway aiui Jim hasn't rejected acting as a affiliated councilor for BoD without being a regular director/member-of-BoD (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...9&postcount=28)
I will also state that it might be better, easier and more "logical" for the community to consider creating a sort of Board Advisor position for HiFo, and saving the actual director positions for those who have already shown their merit in the community.
cheers
jOERG

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-04-18 at 02:45.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: