View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
I admit I failed on tracking this as closely as it would've needed. So somewhat, since either other council members did as well, or I forgot sth that got mentioned, I'd assume we (preliminarily) apply identical rules to HiFo BoD and MCC/HFC candidates, i.e. 100 karma points and manual calculation. However I expect not many candidates for HiFo BoD that would have trouble with either 100 or 250 karma, unless they are actually not familiar with the duties of BoD at all (those who have an idea are very reluctant despite sufficient karma and standing in community). There are no such "fun" things like "opening up harmattan as much as possible" (which I lately heard in a private mail as one of the assumed perspectives of BoD) that BoD could actually do, neither BoD nor (*-)council have the power to do any such stuff. Both entities are not governance over community, you (the community) are the boss. So if there was any such thing like a hierarchy, it isn't like HiFo>council>community, it is

* Community > your-humble-proxy:council > the-treasurer:HiFo

(and harmattan even never been a matter of negotiations between Nokia and HiFo)

jOERG
(this is a private post which not necessarily represents any official notion of the council)

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-04-18 at 00:53.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: