View Single Post
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by shawnjefferson View Post
I think this is one of the outstanding issues... Council is supposed to come up with BoD election criteria.
This is correct.

For the last election, which was held before ByLaws were in effect, the karma requirement was set to 250 I believe. But that was somewhat arbitrary, and all the candidates in question had karma more than double that. All Board nominees had also been Council at some point. I'm hopeful that some past Council members will again step forward to inject some stability if nothing else.

To be clear, taking a position on Council or Board is a commitment, and shouldn't be taken lightly. It will take some free time, and for Board in particular there can be legal ramifications, as you're then operating as a representative of a legal entity.

Said politely, neither is really for "noobs", Board doubly so. I encourage those interested in running to attend Council and Board meetings, and talk to existing and past Council to get a clear picture of what is involved. It's not rocket science, by any means, but it's more than a 5 or 10 minute a week commitment. (Most times anyway.)

Last edited by woody14619; 2013-04-17 at 22:15.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post: