View Single Post
Thedead1440, thanks for the info about the microsim adapters! I wondered if something like that could exist, but it didn't seem likely.

Quick first impressions: the UI seems a little too Iphone-like for my tastes, i.e. everything done with graphics and gestures. It was a huge hassle to set the date and time by swiping around in the calendar and the analog clock widget. I'd prefer to have just typed in the info. Other apps have cutesy sliders instead of traditional check boxes, etc. I guess I'll find out how effective the swipe activation is at preventing the phone from waking up in my pocket and making butt calls.

The phone app seems much better than the N900 phone app, at least when the charger is turned on. I had to call a voice prompt system with the N900 once and the screen kept going dark between prompts.

The camera doesn't seem as good as the N900 camera despite having more pixels. Focus is less precise and maybe the lens is just not as sharp, but I guess it's acceptable for my purposes. The shutter makes a LOUD sound even when the phone is in the "silent" profile. That is intolerable and the E63 doesn't do that and I don't think the N900 does either. Fortunately there are some alternative camera apps available so I think I can set one up to mute the sound.

The phone contact app is kind of annoying, but better than the E63's. I haven't tried the N900's to any extent. I'll have to check what alternatives are out there. I like the idea of writing one myself but I probably don't have the time or motivation. It would be like the HP 100LX phone book app with a few added features like linking between records.

I keep accidentally flipping back to the home screen when trying to use gui buttons within apps, but maybe that will get better with practice.

OK, I'll go to the phone store and try to get a microsim adapter, and either get a new microsim or else cut down one of my existing full sized sims. It does seem like a good phone in many ways.

Do you think I should use that silicon skin thing that came with the phone?

The Following User Says Thank You to phr For This Useful Post: