View Single Post
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by shawnjefferson View Post
- HF's main focus needs to be getting anything and everything possible signed over from Nokia to maintain the maemo.org infrastructure
The deal is done and the contract is ready to be signed. I'm personally eager to sign the contract since I've done most of the work (Ivan did quite a bit too) on the deal.

and maemo-family (including Harmattan/N9) of devices into the future (and it appears to be doing so, although we hear very little about it officially), in accordance with the maemo community's will.
I have indicated that I would like to see Hildon go beyond current maemo.org infrastructure which does not currently include Harmattan/N9.

- fix any inconsistencies in the bylaws that cause all these headaches and arguments!
Agreed!

And what I don't want:
- using the exact wording of the bylaws against the community's will

I believe the general community's feelings are the same, but if you (MCC or BoD) feels differently, start a poll to really gauge what the community wants.
This is hard. The bylaws have to be complied with for the Foundation to continue to exist as a nonprofit. And how do you determine what is truly the community's will? The community is hundreds if not thousands of persons, most of which understandably don't want to get involved in petty details about bylaws and invalid Board appointments. I am dubious about whether a poll on t.m.o reflects the community's will, especially if the poll is meant to include Harmattan/N9 community.

The Following User Says Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post: