View Single Post
Woody: I removed my post as I couldn't get my thoughts across (sorry, bit on the edge with Q1 finishing and lots of projects piling up), but my '3000 words' were not about the few bolded words 3/5 change takes to make into effect, more about this 'transforms' part that in actuality results in all bylaws/rules geting LIVE and noone knows what is lost, all rules governing it (plus all rules about MCC that remain - do any remain? Or did you rewrite all rules that mention MCC to now point to HFC? I do believe while the rules about elections might be the bare basics, if you tell us changing MCC to HFC makes all other invalid I will have to vote NO in this referendum). Without a full writeup what this referendum is about and what changes we are to expect, I cannot honestly vote AYE. 4 weeks seems not that long as with every post it turns out more and more is at stake

edit: To be clear, quote from your recent post:

The existing ByLaws allow for Council to self-govern to a great extent, and make it's own rules.

Why referendum then? Will yes in that referendum make future referendums just an optional thing unlike today, cause it seems so (you would make your own rules right now, somehow calling it to make your ruling lawful tells me referendums should never be optional and always make law sorry for poor legalese). It just makes it more and more cloudy/shady, sorry

Another quote:

Realistically, if a referendum is passed/rejected by the community, I don't see Council or Board voting against those wishes, since both are here to serve that community.

Realistically, seeing how much power kicks into minds of those wielding it, why not? We have rules now that make referendum mandatory, now you propose the community to give up its power and trust few guys who will not be corrupted by power (should I point you to all politics drama threads? I don't trust you guys with that power. Serving community is great when being elected, later on n950s and whatnot and everyone is a sicko. Referendum should remain THE thing to kick all gollums without counting on gollum/you/estel/sd69/joerg/pali/anyone else to have to aye that and relinquish power, community says=god says, no exceptions, maybe for atheists, but you get the drift)

Last edited by szopin; 2013-03-27 at 00:37.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post: