View Single Post
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
36 new map layers have been added.
Jaw drop. Thanks! You will have fun time, keeping it working as services change, especially google ones. May the Force be with you

Originally Posted by Whispering Weasel View Post
the submarine cable map seems to be off: puts me somewhere of the coast of southern Norway, normal maps are fine
Confirming - if it's fixable, it would be nice, but I'm not sure if submarine cable map is cartographically accurate. Maybe it should be considered as "consult only" one, like moon surface maps in Marble (which also shows your "current" position

Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
A question: is the traffic layer self-updating? If so, can a specific time interval be set to refresh the layer?
Good question - it seems that per-layer update interval could be useful. Meanwhile, maybe per-mode settings could be abused to achieve the same?

/Estel

//Edit

It seems, that traffic overlay is strange. Even with "labelled" option, it shows label only for places, where traffic colors are present. Sometimes, it even cut parts of street name (because color ends there).

Feature request - could we have user-configurable, arbitrary number of layers? This way, in many cases, we would be able to create task-specified, fancy settings. For example, using above case - one could get google satellite as main, street names layers above, and traffic overlay on top.

But, it would be useful in many other cases, too (satellite + streets + signal, or satellite + street + temperature).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2013-03-21 at 08:06.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: