View Single Post
Originally Posted by h0dges View Post
Dude I am having the exact same issue on a Sony Ericsson W995 that I completely wiped this weekend (hence reinstalling Google Maps on it).

I'm worried that Google doesn't know about this issue affecting other J2ME users except the Blackberry crowd (since we are so few), and therefore they will not fix this bug.

Please let me know if you find a workaround.

Thanks
No workaround yet. It is not they that don't know, it is more like they don't care, we live in Android and iPhone world now and I think MIDP maps are no longer supported, you can't even download them from Google or so it seems. I'm afraid we are SOL here, which is unfortunate as I was very excited to get GM working on N900. Having said that it should be possible to decompile Java classes, fix the issue if it is a simple problem, and assemble the app back. Looking at the stack trace the code is obfuscated so this will make it a bit more difficult. This will surely violate all sorts of license agreements but I'm not sure if we care... I wouldn't hold my breath though as it is very likely that the app will break again in the future, so the fix, even if possible, will only buy you some time.