View Single Post
I had the same problem when I first got the SGS I couldnt transfer my calender (weekly rotating schedule) from N900.

I think if you Sync via Google that would be the best route... I had to manually enter each event which was redundant.

Floating Windows on HDTV...Hmm it never occured to me.
I guess if you rotate the Note into landscape mode then disable rotation, and navigate with a wireless mouse/controller. I might have to try this.

What Im really excited about is the discovery that the Note1 doesnt have a Wifi bgn antenna but actually a Dualband bgn antenna. That means its Miracast-compatible. And Im going to purchase one of those small Bluetooth/Wifi dongles but one thats for Miracast and conects via HDMI. I know LG previewed one. So I can (theoretically) take the tiny dongle with my Note and beam the screen caprure/mirror to any TV (dont need dongle for some smartTVs). That lets me use the microUSB for OTG functions, or charging, or both!

To be honest I recently tried one of the earlier JB leaks (LS2) for the Note 1. Not the ROM but the full system dump, and somethings would crash and hang (but surprisingly little) some things were sluggish including the MultiWindow feature (not modded).

I havent compared it directly to the NOTE 2, but it was dedinitely slower.

Anyways Ive since updated it to the Ultimate ROM (4.1.2), and it was butter smooth. On v4 (LS7) the only problems I had were:
-Camera works much much better than AOSP but it freezes and fcs sometimes
-Gallery App also freezes
-No PhotoSphere

I updated to v5 v5.1 and v5.2 (new base LSA) and experienced many problems:
- Slow charging
- Excess battery waste (v4 was perfect 6hrs, v5 is 2-3hrs)
- MultiWindow not working properly
- But Camera and Gallery never freeze
- PhotoSphere works, kinda

On both v4 and v5 they are Note2-like....many gestures abd S Pen features work and work without performance issues. Im glad I didnt buy a Note2 for myself, it wouldve been a waste of money.

PS Tomorrow Im flying again to see family, Ill do a comprehensive comparison between stock Note2 and my updated Note1.

I'm flattered

Last edited by Kangal; 2012-11-29 at 23:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post: