View Single Post
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
Two more things to check:
Does the "ring/tel/account0" account show up in the accounts-ui App?
Have you been asked for your pin on startup?

Edit:
If the "ring/tel/account0" account does not show up then there was something wrong while running the aforementioned script.
In this case double check that everything is in order (like run as normal user not root, run via a terminal on the device not ssh, etc.).
Also did you reboot after running the script?
I am just double checking to narrow things down.

If you haven't been asked for a pin try running the MeeGo-PIN app and enter the pin there.

Edit2:
Another thing to check:
Does the status bar show your cell phone provider and is the signal strength indicator showing reasonable values?
Thanks for the ideas. All of the things you mentioned above I tried, with no luck. I then reflashed the device from scratch (kernel+rootfs), and tried running the script a second time. Now it works. Thanks again for your help.

UPDATE: After rebooting the N950 a second time, it again did not work. An "x" appeared next to the antenna icon at the top of the display. I rebooted again, and still no luck. So I managed to make one phone call after the first reboot, but after subsequent reboots it has not worked as a phone. When it was working as a phone, the antenna icon at the top was replaced by the text "310410" which is not a subset of the digits in my phone number. I suspect it was an unsuccessful attempt to display my carrier's name (AT&T in the US). But now I just get an antenna icon with an x next to it.