View Single Post
Originally Posted by CrashandDie View Post
Hi, sorry for not replying to your PM.

This might be a weird decision, but I'm going to decline mirroring the file you've provided. I'd rather only mirror things that have been actually mirrored---not copies of mirrors of clones.

The reason for this is simple: guaranteeing data integrity. There are a number of things that could have happened; not that I mean to imply foul play, but I'd rather not host anything from third parties. This is even more the case considering that
  • the server is down for technical issues, not a conscious decision on Nokia's part, and,
  • the archive available for mirroring is incomplete.

I do not wish to create more confusion: Why would an incomplete mirror be up? Etc.

So, unless there are very convincing arguments, I'm going to decline mirroring the partial harmattan-dev backup.
I do indeed fully understand your decision and most probably would have acted the same way. I have all "Packages" files containing hashes (SHA1, SHA-256, MD5) however one can not verify them. Thus I can not prove data integrity which is the most crucial thing for packages.
Nevertheless upon request I will continue to provide files requested from community members.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to brkn For This Useful Post: