View Single Post
Originally Posted by eliasps View Post
By the way, if anyone can tell me how to make the "pipe" symbol ( | ) on N900 I would be very thankful!

What I'm currently trying to figure out is the differences between the available kernels and boot loaders.
I now use the one provided by the community (2.6.28.10-cssu).
I had a problem on boot with U-Boot so I won't use it for now.

Everything very good so far!
Pipe: Fn (blue arrow) and Ctrl brings up virtual keyboard. Pipe should be top-right hand corner. This is based on the English/Dutch layout for thw h/w kb.

Kernel: The Kernel-Power (KP) versions that come across from the git to -devel are pretty reliable*. Do you actually need a selection of kernels to boot from, unless you rely on the stock or another kernel?

Didn't see mention of the DSP drivers* - have a look for the 720p thread. The first post contains a number of packages and instructions that allow you to play Main profile films and record video at 720p! (Alas, the screen can only cope with 8 bit colour)

Edit: error - as pointed out by freemangordon below, N900 screen is 16bit not 8bit.

* you need to install a few bits like the latest FCam drivers if using KP or enhanced DSP drivers.

Last edited by demolition; 2012-11-15 at 21:53. Reason: Correct the colour info!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post: