View Single Post
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
The camera device wins.

Personally I have sold my N9 64GB quite early for two reasons:

-pentile screen (big let-down as this is something you can read about but you need to experience for yourself if the tech works for you or not)
-unergonomic design of body
-swipe on N9 is nice to attract new customers / press attention but basically Fremantle is more productive interface for me.
-camera nothing special vs N8 / PV 808
(-it looks like Lumia so I feel a little "Lumia" in public : ) )
^This, glad I'm not the only one that felt this way.

I've just exchanged my white N9 for an 808, only time will tell if I'll live to regret it, but I just had to try the last flagship Symbian and that amazing camera!

So far I'm pretty pleased with it, main things I miss from the N9 are Swype(both UI and keyboard, Swype isn't working right on 808 as you can't see what you're typing), and the general slickness of the OS.

The battery is better on the 808 though and that's a big thing for me, Symbian has always been the daddy when it comes to power consumption. For me personally I don't actually find the 808 too bulky, better than I was expected TBH and it's nice to hold while making calls etc. Also you don't have to be so precise to hear the other person on the phone, one of my dislikes with the N9, move just a little the device and you can't hear a thing!

As for the camera, what more can be said than amazing!

Both the N9 and the 808 are amazing phones, and will likely be my two last ever from Nokia(makes me a little sad), probably next device will be BB10, depends how happy I am in the long run with the 808 i guess.