View Single Post
@ade,
in my opinion, "Dish cooktimes" dialogue is not working properly from UI design standpoint - such long list of empty fields is not functional. Some people will use only 3, some 10 and another one 100. You can`t predict all of the usage scenarios, so numer of those fields shouldn`t be fixed: it should be for single user to decide. I didn`t follow discussion on that matter (if there was any), maybe current design is a result of some fremantle constraints, but here are my propositions:

1. "Add" button can be static element, always in this position or be on the scrollable list with dish entries at its bottom, clicking "Add" will always add new dish field at the bottom of the list, after some number of fields created (i.e. 5), list becomes scrollable.

2. More plain approach, start with 3 fields, clicking "Add" will always add new dish field at the bottom, after some number of fields created (i.e. 5), list becomes scrollable.

In both options, text fields (dish names) could be wider, because You don`t need place on the right of the screen for scrollbar; shrink them, only when list becomes scrollable (i.e. 5 fields) and scrollbar is needed.

Last edited by artpra; 2012-10-25 at 09:59.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post: