View Single Post
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
The N9 chip is wl1271.
Yes, I am aware, and - I think - so is the developer of the N900 injection driver. Which is why it's fairly likely that the method of getting the injection driver is going to be similar. But like lxp said in the quoted text - they might have changed something and made it require a completely different approach.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Injection module should not really be that difficult. Why don't you build it yourself as you need it? (might be a nice learning experience )
I don't have an N9 or N950 either. I've considered trying (once I had an N9 or N950). And I still might, if I had the time, look into it. But the level of my programming skills is probably nothing in comparison to the level of lxp's. And given that lxp DID produce an injection driver for the N900, I feel it's reasonable for people to chip in to getting him a device to develop on. But I couldn't in good conscience ask to community to do the same for me, since the likelihood of me succeeding is vastly smaller.

Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Because Mentalist, as I know him don't need it for him personallay. He asked it for the rest of the community, the N9/50 users might be interested. They only have to donate an devel device

Also it would be easier for lxp as he already has some experience with the wl1251 Mentalist would have to start from scratch, in terms of experience with building drivers.

Note: This is my view on *his* motivation
More or less correct.

Now, I like the idea of having packet injection capabilities on all devices simply because it feels to me like a logical extension of user freedom. So, purely on principle, I'd like to see injection-capable drivers on everything.

But since my device is an N900, I am not directly impacted by the lack of an injection driver on the N9 or N950. Still, I know a lot of people wanted an injection driver, and near as I could tell, no one was making headway into doing it (of course, someone could be working on it in the sidelines, not wanting to announce anything until they have a working driver ready), and no one had thought to (or knew how to) contact the developer of the N900 injection driver. So I figured, hey, why not ask him and see what he says about the possibility of him producing the driver for the N9/N950.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post: