View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
i'm not saying it is more open then anything else.
i'm stating it is the closest we got to an open source platform.
Oh, I knew your words. I just tend to see folks take a truth as you had stated it and run with it until it's a full-blown hyperbole.

Quoting you, I should have stated that first. Therefore, I apologize.

sometimes i can't help wondering whether you only play dumb or are plain dumb senile
A lot of "A", a heaping spoonful of "B". Dumber than a box of rocks set on fire and thrown at a school bus full of nuns. And senile enough to forget I did it.

EDIT: you wiggle like a politician or a child caught in a lie (politician lie for a living...)
EDIT2: or a salesman...
I couldn't sell a thing on my best day. And I have way too many skeletons in my closet to be a politician.

Regardless; in this case I am not lying. The simple truth is that the N900 (Maemo5) and the N9 (Harmattan) were not fully open phones. And as far as being the "most open", I'm willing to bet that OpenMoko might take issue with that.

Either way, that's the part that's semantics. Who was the most open? At the end of the day, what matters the most to stock holders (read: idiots with a lot of money) who want to make the most of their money and do nothing, consumers (read: uninformed idiots with disposable income) who do nothing yet are the most vocal and developers/early adopters (read: like the lovely people here at TMO) that worry mostly about whether or not we will enjoy the device with like minded people and can we develop/hack/tweak the ever-living **** out of it.

Most open is a wildly popular yet truly misleading qualifier. In the end, it means nothing if we get truly dropped from the company that created it and are forgotten and not given access to all of the source we need or we don't have talented developers that don't storm off in a ragequit rant about how the community is full of idiots and ingrates.

Politician. Pfft. I enjoy my enemies as-is.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: