View Single Post
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by dumpystig View Post
"As we said, the Nokia Lumia 920 is the world's most innovative smartphone!"

WHAAAAAATTTTT???
Well, how is N9 more innovative than the Lumia 920?
1. 920 has an industry leading IPS LCD on a mobile phone for now.
2. 920 has OIS which no current competing smartphone camera has.
3. 920 has wireless charging out of the box which no current competing smartphone has.
4. 920 has Super Sensitive touch screen which no current competing smartphone has.

To me, that's innovation that Nokia should be proud of.

N9..... Well, it had a nice OS and UI.. Nice design... Limited by crappy internal hardware... Low resolution pentile AMOLED, weak CPU and really old GPU/DSP that struggles to play even its own 720p recorded video. I do love the double-tap-to-wake-up feature of the N9 though. I wish all phones had that. Overall, I reckon N8 was more innovative than the N9 at the time of release. (HDMI out, best camera at the time with xenon flash etc)

808 is basically an N8 with better SoC but with MUCH MUCH better camera.

IMHO, N900 was far more innovative than the N9 or 808. Maemo5 OS is awesome, built-in stand, qwerty keyboard, built-in stylus, awesome MicroB, replaceable battery, microsd support etc etc. Nokia should have just upgraded the N900 with the SoC and RAM of 920, camera of 808 and display of 920. Now I'm sure that would have made all of us here VERY happy.

fyi - Windows Phone 8, although details are still sketchy, is a whole new OS to the Windows Phone 7x. Windows Phone 8 OS will include the same file system (NTFS), same networking stack, same security elements, graphics engine (DirectX), device driver framework and hardware abstraction layer (HAL) as PC version of Windows 8. Yes, it's closed. But that's as good closed OS as you'll get on a mobile phone at least. (and possibly be the best mobile gaming platform of them all)

Last edited by jakiman; 2012-09-16 at 09:05.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post: