View Single Post
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Just FYI - I haven't been able to run modRana this way, it says it isn't found. I have to do python /opt/modrana/modrana.py instead.
The package installs a startup shell script called modrana to /usr/bin/. As /usr/bin/ is in path, it should work

But the startup script currently doesn't accept command-line options, so if you want to use the modRana CLI options, you need to run /opt/modrana/modrana.py directly.

Originally Posted by Whispering Weasel View Post
I don!t have monav installed and V0.35.6 didn't start for me at first (both normal and qml version), creating the monav dir ( mkdir /home/user/MyDocs/.maps/monav_data ) fixed that for the normal version.
Thanks ! Fixed in 0.35.7

Originally Posted by Whispering Weasel View Post
modrana-qml now gives a segfault:
I'm looking into this.

BTW, during the competition voting period, modRana will be in fix-only mode.

Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Question; the routing data sets have to be a specific version? AFAIK the ones available on Monav wiki are at least 1,5yrs old, and not compatible with current Monav revisions; i.e. those that f.e. render street names.
I'm using Monav compiled from the thomasmiedema-python branch, which should be up-to-date and contains some additional patches for the Python/TCP/Protocol buffer interface modRana is using. And it works with the old data just fine.

But I have tested only the routing daemon/server, not the Monav client itself. Also haven't yet tested with data generated by the latest preprocessor.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post: